No spiking blood sugar. In fact your blood sugar won’t rise at all. And yes, it not only tastes like ice cream, it tastes like super high quality expensive ice cream.
It’s easy. Takes about 15-20 minutes start to finish (that includes freezing).
If you’ve read The Bulletproof Diet, you understand the health concept here. Lots of good healthy fats including egg yolks to feed your brain, nervous system and all your cell membranes.
Just remember to NOT pair foods like this with processed, sugary, junk food and chips, bread, pizza, and candy. Don’t even pair it with diet pop! This food is for those already eating a good diet of lots of veggies, moderate amount of protein coming from grass fed and pastured animals and good healthy fats. Your body will use this good fat for fuel and NOT for fat storage or artery clogging.
This recipe comes from Dave Asprey, the creator of Bulletproof Coffee. We’ve made in many, many times and it turns out every time. Really easy.
Keep in mind that the MCT oil is the secret ingredient in making the ice cream turn out the perfect consistency… You can scoop it with an ice cream scoop and it will hold its shape! If you’re new with MCT or Brain Octane oil, be sure to ease into it gradually to allow your body to adjust.
Your ice cream texture won’t be as perfect with the reduced measurements of MCT, but believe me, it is close! And it still tastes amazing.
We use a Cuisinart ice cream maker and it only takes about 10 minutes. The whole process from the beginning usually takes about 20 minutes once you get the hang of it.
We use the bulletproof vanilla for an added antioxidant punch. It’s REALLY good vanilla. You can also make the flavor chocolate by using the bulletproof cocoa that also packs a huge antioxidant punch because it’s NOT processed with alkali and is tested to NOT contain mold like most cocoa does. You could make it coffee flavor as well….the sky’s the limit! Have fun with this!
- 4 whole free range eggs
- 4 free range egg yolks
- 2 tsp UpgradedVanilla or regular vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lime juice or 10 drops apple cider vinegar
- 7 tbs grass-fed butter
- 7 tbs coconut oil
- 3tbs+2 tsp MCT oil
- 1 tbs Liquid NuNaturals Stevia
- About 1/2 cup ice
- Optional: 1/4 to 1/2 cup Upgraded Chocolate Powder
- Blend everything except the ice in your Vitamix or blender. Take enough time blending to be sure that you aren't left with butter and coconut oil chunks.
- Add the ice cubes and blend until combined.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and follow the machine's instructions.
- If you don't eat the entire batch right then, store it in a glass storage container in the freezer. You can always go back for more later.
- Adjust the amount of stevia based on your taste.
- Experiment with different flavors- almond or mint extract, cherry stevia, etc...
- Add 1 tbs Bulletproof Coffee grounds or 2 to 3 packets Organo Gold Black Coffee
- Use 1/2 cup of butter and 1/2 cup coconut oil instead of the normal measurements.
- You could start by adding a tiny amount of MCT oil each time you make the ice cream. Once you build up to the normal amount of MCT oil, reduce the butter and coconut oil measurements to the original recipe.