BODY COMPOSITION ANALYSIS
It’s not enough to simply monitor weight or BMI. Both can be highly misleading. A healthy and physically appealing body is a lean body with good muscle tone and low bodyfat, while being well hydrated.
Our BIA helps us get you results. Throughout any detox or weight loss program, we analyze your body composition through bioimpedance analysis (BIA) to assure you lose fat and minimize lean tissue loss. The BIA is performed in the studio with the help of a sophisticated, computerized analysis. This analyzer measures and calculates your tissue and fluid compartments, using an imperceptible electrical current passed through pads placed on your hand and foot as you lie comfortably clothed.
In addition to body fat, the BIA also measures:
- Toxic load
- Overall hydration levels
If we find you have excess extracellular fluid (indicating toxicity and bloating), we’ll change your plan to assist your body in getting rid of excess toxins. This helps you drop pounds and get rid of bloating. If we find you have low intracellular water, we’ll help you increase nutrients and minerals inside your cells to move the water inside the cell. The result is you feel better energy and your health improves.
Prepare for your Body Composition Analysis
Prepare for your Body Composition Analysis by adhering to the following guidelines. These seem strict; however, adhering to these guidelines assures you get an accurate reading:
- Drink your normal amount of water the day of testing – ideally 4-6oz per waking hour.
- Do not go in the hot tub or sauna, or have intense body work 24 hours prior to testing.
- Avoid intense exercise 12 hours before testing.
- Do not consume alcohol for 12 hours prior to testing.
- Ensure access to your right foot with removable footwear (no tights or pantyhose).
- Remove any external metal objects from the right side of your body (rings, bracelets, piercings, etc.).